Another character poster has been released for Iron Man 3. This time, Marvel is showing off the film’s villain, the Mandarin (Ben Kingsley). In the comics, The Mandarin is Iron Man’s arch-nemesis, and while Kingsley’s voice over was suitably menacing in the teaser trailer, I can’t help but chuckle a bit when I see this poster. I buy Ben Kingsley as menacing, but his pose here is just a little too goofy. On the bright side, at least there aren’t sparks and embers coming out of nowhere.
Hit the jump to check out the poster. The film also stars Robert Downey Jr., Gwyneth Paltrow, Don Cheadle, James Badge Dale, Rebecca Hall, and Guy Pearce. Iron Man 3 opens in 3D on May 3rd.
Click here for all our Iron Man 3 coverage or browse recent coverage below:
- First Trailer for IRON MAN 3
- Geek Gifts: Hot Toys IRON MAN 3 Mark XLII Figure
- Rumor: Has IRON MAN 3’s Connection to Another Upcoming Marvel Movie Been Revealed?
- Robert Downey Jr. Talks IRON MAN 3, a Cool Action Sequence, Rhodey’s Part in the Film, and More
- Tony Stark Is Battle-Worn in New Images from IRON MAN 3
- Producer Kevin Feige Talks IRON MAN 3, How It Relates to THE AVENGERS, The Mandarin, Iron Patriot, and More
Here’s the official synopsis for Iron Man 3:
Marvel’s “Iron Man 3″ pits brash-but-brilliant industrialist Tony Stark/Iron Man against an enemy whose reach knows no bounds. When Stark finds his personal world destroyed at his enemy’s hands, he embarks on a harrowing quest to find those responsible. This journey, at every turn, will test his mettle. With his back against the wall, Stark is left to survive by his own devices, relying on his ingenuity and instincts to protect those closest to him. As he fights his way back, Stark discovers the answer to the question that has secretly haunted him: does the man make the suit or does the suit make the man?