The new trailer for Iron Man 3 has gone online. The previous trailer presented a much darker tone for the franchise, and that’s still what we’re getting. That’s fine. Again, writer-director Shane Black has my full trust even if we’re not seeing his trademark snappy dialogue (although I love Ben Kingsley‘s delivery of the line, “You’ll never see me coming.”). What this new trailer does show is action that looks absolutely insane. I would love to see this trailer on the big screen, but I’ll probably have to wait until I see the finished film to check out these blockbuster set pieces. I can live with that.
Hit the jump to check out the new trailer. The film also stars Robert Downey Jr., Gwyneth Paltrow, Don Cheadle, Guy Pearce, and Rebecca Hall. Iron Man 3 opens May 3rd.
Click over to Yahoo! to watch the trailer in HD:
Click here for all our Iron Man 3 coverage or browse recent coverage below:
- International IRON MAN 3 Trailer Reveals New Footage and Chinese Actors Wang Xueqi and Fan Bingbing
- Marvel Shows Us 15 Minutes of IRON MAN 3; Watch a Spoiler Free Video Blog Recap
- Shane Black and Kevin Feige Talk IRON MAN 3, Crafting The Mandarin, the Scripting Process, Iron Patriot, the Film’s Connection to THE AVENGERS, and More
- Robert Downey Jr. Talks IRON MAN 3, Renewing His Marvel Contract, Working with Shane Black, Jon Favreau’s Integral Role in the Film, and More
- Marvel Studios’ Kevin Feige Talks Phase Two; Says GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY Will Be “95% in Space”
- First Trailer for IRON MAN 3
- Geek Gifts: Hot Toys IRON MAN 3 Mark XLII Figure
- Rumor: Has IRON MAN 3’s Connection to Another Upcoming Marvel Movie Been Revealed?
- Tony Stark Is Battle-Worn in New Images from IRON MAN 3
- Producer Kevin Feige Talks IRON MAN 3, How It Relates to THE AVENGERS, The Mandarin, Iron Patriot, and More
Here’s the official synopsis for Iron Man 3:
Marvel’s “Iron Man 3″ pits brash-but-brilliant industrialist Tony Stark/Iron Man against an enemy whose reach knows no bounds. When Stark finds his personal world destroyed at his enemy’s hands, he embarks on a harrowing quest to find those responsible. This journey, at every turn, will test his mettle. With his back against the wall, Stark is left to survive by his own devices, relying on his ingenuity and instincts to protect those closest to him. As he fights his way back, Stark discovers the answer to the question that has secretly haunted him: does the man make the suit or does the suit make the man?