When Bryan Singer’s Jack the Giant Slayer was filming outside London in the fall of 2011, I got to visit the set with a few other online reporters. With the film set for release March 1, Warner Bros. has lifted my embargo and I’ve just posted a ton of on set interviews and my set report. Here are the links.
- 15 Things to Know About Bryan Singer’s Jack the Giant Slayer From Our Set Visit; Plus Video Blog Recap and Written Report
- Ewan McGregor Talks His Character’s Role in the Story, Working with CGI, Similarities to How to Train Your Dragon & More on the Set of Jack the Giant Slayer
- Nicholas Hoult Talks the Challenges of 3D, Bringing a Fairy Tale to Life, the Success of X-MEN, and More on the Set of Jack the Giant Slayer
- Bryan Singer Talks Big Visual Effects, 3D, Unfriendly Giants, Bringing a Fairy Tale to Life on a Grand Scale, and More on the Set of Jack the Giant Slayer
- Eleanor Tomlinson Talks Elaborate Costumes, Filming the Beanstalk Sequence, How She Landed the Role, and More on the Set of Jack the Giant Slayer
In addition, the studio has provided the visiting sites with seven new images including new shots of Ewan McGregor, Nicholas Hoult, and the giants. Hit the jump to check them out.
Here’s the official synopsis for Jack the Giant Slayer:
Jack the Giant Slayer tells the story of an ancient war that is reignited when a young farmhand unwittingly opens a gateway between our world and a fearsome race of giants. Unleashed on the Earth for the first time in centuries, the giants strive to reclaim the land they once lost, forcing the young man, Jack, into the battle of his life to stop them. Fighting for a kingdom, its people, and the love of a brave princess, he comes face to face with the unstoppable warriors he thought only existed in legend—and gets the chance to become a legend himself.
click on any image for high-res