At this weekend’s WonderCon in San Francisco, I was able to speak with Jackie Earle Haley on the Warner Bros. red carpet, as he was promoting the remake of A Nightmare on Elm Street. Of course we didn’t just talk about playing Freddy, as we also discussed his thoughts on the Watchmen director’s cut, his FOX show Human Target, his thoughts on fandom and Comic-Con, and a lot more.
And while most red carpet/backstage interviews are only a minute or two, I got a lot of time with Haley and we were really able to talk about things and not just skim the surface. Check it out after the jump. As always, I’ve broken down what we talked about by time index.
Jackie Earle Haley
- WonderCon/ Comic-Con talk – does he feel at home at both conventions
- Is he aware he is set to sign autographs for life at Comic-Con due to Watchmen and Nightmare on Elm Street
- Has he seen the director’s cut of Watchmen and what did he think
- 2:20 – Does he look back on the make-up that he had to do as a bitch or is it all good now
- He explains what he had to go through to be Freddy
- 3:40 – Did he take home anything from the set…like a glove
- 4:10 – Human Target talk
- 4:55 – Does Human Target season one end on a big cliffhanger…he gives me a great answer
- 5:20 – Is he planning on walking the convention floor
- 5:55 – Is he going to Comic-Con this summer
- 6:15 – Does he collect anything. Says he wants to get all the Star Trek figures and how he loved the movie