Opening this weekend is Disney and director Sam Raimi’s fantastic prequel to The Wizard of Oz, Oz The Great and Powerful. The film centers on a small-time circus magician with dubious ethics (James Franco) who finds himself transported to Oz and drawn into a battle between the three witches Theodora (Mila Kunis), Evanora (Rachel Weisz) and Glinda (Michelle Williams). Loaded with incredible visuals, amazing 3D, and a beautiful world created by production designer Robert Stromberg (Alice in Wonderland, Avatar), Oz is the type of movie that definitely should be seen on a movie screen and it’s absolutely worth the extra charge to see it in 3D. Oz The Great and Powerful also stars Zach Braff and Joey King.
Recently, I got to speak to the James Franco. We talked about how he got involved in the project, the way Raimi sold him on the role, what it was like to walk on the yellow brick road for the first time, and more. In addition, we also talked about Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg’s This Is the End (which looks fantastic). Hit the jump to watch.
- How nervous was he to be involved in the project and to play this role. Talks about how he was sold on it
- What was it like to walk on the yellow brick road for the first time
- Talks about This is the End
For more on Oz the Great and Powerful:
- 30 Things to Know About Sam Raimi’s OZ THE GREAT AND POWERFUL From Our Set Visit; Plus Video Blog Recap
- 2 New Clips and 13 Minutes of Behind-the-Scenes Footage from Sam Raimi’s OZ THE GREAT AND POWERFUL
- New Trailer for OZ THE GREAT AND POWERFUL
- Sam Raimi Talks Pulling Material from Baum’s Books, Crafting the Look of Oz, Not Tarnishing the Original, & More on the Set of Oz The Great and Powerful
- Michelle Williams Talks Creating Her Own Glinda, Working with Sam Raimi, and More on the Set of Oz The Great and Powerful
- James Franco Talks Why He Signed on, His Reaction to Seeing the Yellow Brick Road, Plant Omens, and More on the Set of Oz The Great and Powerful
- Zach Braff Talks Doing Voice Recordings on Set, Working on a Large-Scale Epic, 3D Technology, and More on the Set of Oz The Great and Powerful
- Joey King Talks Playing Two Characters, Making Adults Put Money in a Swear Jar, and More on the Set of Oz The Great and Powerful