At this year’s Saturn Awards, I was able to speak with James Remar on the red carpet before the show. For fans of Dexter, we talked about the upcoming seventh season, what episode they’re filming right now, and his feelings on the show coming to an end. In addition, with Remar playing Leonardo DiCaprio’s bodyguard in Quentin Tarantino‘s Django Unchained, we talked about what it was like to work for QT, what they did off set, the films Tarantino showed on the weekends, and more. Hit the jump to watch.
- 0:00 – Remar talks about progressing towards the end of Dexter, calling it bittersweet.
- 0:50 – Talks about where they are in filming of the upcoming season.
- 1:20 – Remar talks about resolving the end of the last season’s finale with the first few episodes of the new season and teases about future guest stars.
- 2:15 – Comments on working with Quentin Tarantino on Django Unchained, calling it “an apex, pinnacle experience, like working with the Pope.”
- 2:50 – Remar was on set for 70% of the shoot of Django Unchained.
- 3:00 – Since he played Leonardo DiCaprio’s bodyguard in the film, he was around the veteran actor quite a bit. Remar also talks more about his love of film.
- 3:50 – Since Tarantino held movie screenings on weekends, Remar talks about the selection of films that the director chose. He highlights Brotherhood of Death as one of the more unusual films screened, along with Shogun Assassins II.
- 5:35 – In being around Tarantino, Remar talks about the director’s “true, old school style.” He also compares it to his own early days of his career.