I think most of you are going to know Jane Lynch as the electronics store manager from “The 40-Year Old Virgin”. She was the one who offered herself to Steve Carell and always seemed to say something inappropriate.
Others are going to recognize Jane from her work in countless TV shows and movies, ranging from “Walk Hard” to “Two and a Half Men”. She always delivers a funny line and she’s one of those people that can elevate any scene she’s in.
Anyway, the reason I’m talking about Jane Lynch is she’s one of the stars of Director David Wain’s new comedy “Role Models”. In the film Jane plays the leader of an organization called Sturdy Wings – which is a group that helps troubled boys and girls. And just because Jane is the leader doesn’t mean she didn’t have problems growing up…as the stories she tells about her troubled past are some of the funniest scenes in the movie.
So to help promote the film, I recently got to interview Jane and you can watch it below. And as I said in the interview I just posted with director David Wain, I’m happy to report “Role Models” is both funny and worth your time.
Finally, if you’d like to watch some clips from “Role Models”,
- How much fun did she have making the movie as it looked like she was having a blast
- How much of her lines are improv and how much is scripted
- I ask my true or false question….does Chris (McLovin’) walk around on set with copies of Superbad
- Working with Paul and Seann…do they rehearse or do they just go with it
- Kiss talk
- She talks about what she has coming up – Julie & Julia – with Meryl Streep and Amy Adams