With director James Bobin’s The Muppets getting released today,all week I’ve been posting exclusive video interviews with the cast. The past two days I posted my conversations with Amy Adams and Kermit the Frog and Miss Piggy, and today I’ve got Jason Segel with Walter – the newest Muppet. But before getting to the interview, as I’ve said all week, I absolutely loved The Muppets. It’s one of my favorite films of the year and it not only made me laugh, it also made me cry. If you were nervous about the movie…don’t be. It’s a huge home run.
During the interview we talked about working with ’80s Robot, if they were able to take home any props from set, the best Muppets merchandise they own, their reaction to the finished film, and who the easiest and most difficult people/muppets to work with were. In addition, as most of you know, I always start an interview off by asking what is that person’s karaoke song. While I normally get a simple answer and then we move on, Jason Segel and Walter both sang for me. And it was awesome. Watch after the jump.
Finally, here’s Matt’s glowing review of The Muppets.
Jason Segel and Walter
- What’s their karaoke songs. Segel’s is Anything for Love by Meatloaf and Walter’s is the b-52′s. They both sing. It’s awesome.
- What was it like working with ’80s Robot
- Were they able to take home any props from the set
- What’s the best Muppets merchandise either of them own or have seen
- What was their favorite scene to film
- Who was the most difficult to work with and who was the easiest
- Are there any Easter Eggs fans should be looking for in the movie
- What was their reaction to seeing the finished film