With Joss Whedon‘s The Avengers hitting Blu-ray and DVD this week (click here to buy in on Amazon), I recently got to visit ILM in San Francisco to talk with some of the visual effect supervisors. While many movies have amazing effects, it’s only when you combine them with a great story and interesting characters that you get something special, like The Avengers.
During my interview with Associate Visual Effects Supervisor Jason Smith, we talked about what it was like to work on The Avengers, the biggest challenge in bringing New York City to life, easter eggs, what effects they did on The Avengers that haven’t been done before, designing Stark Tower, deleted scenes, The Avengers sequel, and more. Hit the jump to watch.
- How happy was he to book The Avengers
- What was the biggest challenge in bringing New York City to life
- Are there any Easter Eggs in NYC that fans have yet to pick up on
- What cool effects could they do on The Avengers that hasn’t been done before
- What’s the next big technical hurdle they’re about to overcome to make movie effects even better
- What’s his next project
- The Avengers 2 talk
- What deleted scenes on the Blu-ray is he excited for fans to see
- What was it like to design Stark Tower
- How much did The Avengers change during production