If you’ve been reading the site the past few days, you probably saw my print interviews with Ben Foster and Jason Statham for their new action film The Mechanic. However, I was also able to sit down with the two stars for a video interview. While they’d already done about fifty interviews before I walked in the room, they were still laughing and having fun. Saying that, they wanted no part of my first two questions (which led to a minute or two of awkwardness). But after getting past those initial missteps, the interview went great. We talked about how they found a good working chemistry, working with Simon West to craft the action scenes, reworking the script to make it better, and a lot more. Hit the jump to watch:
For more on The Mechanic – including four clips from the film – click here.
Jason Statham and Ben Foster
- As you’ll see, they’re both a bit loopy from doing press all day
- I try and have fun by asking them what they want to talk about…that didn’t work
- What does it take to be a good Stathamologist
- How did they find a good working chemistry
- I ask them about a great action scene on the side of a building…but they had been talking about it all day so we switched to….
- Working with director Simon West to craft the action scenes
- Statham talks about how the script was being reworked on set and how that helped the film