Now playing in theaters is Universal Pictures and Blumhouse Productions horror film Truth or Dare. Co-written and directed by Kick-Ass 2 helmer Jeff Wadlow, the supernatural thriller revolves around a deadly, inescapable game of “Truth or Dare” in which, if you refuse a dare or don’t tell the truth, you die. When friends Olivia (Lucy Hale), Lucas (Tyler Posey), Markie (Violett Beane), Brad (Hayden Szeto), Penelope (Sophia Ali) and Tyson (Nolan Gerard Funk) get caught up in the game, they have to keep playing to stay alive, while also searching for the source of the sinister game. For more on the film, you can read Haleigh Foutch’s review.
A few days ago, at the Los Angeles press day, I sat down with Jeff Wadlow for a one-on-one interview. He talked about creating the thrills and kills in the film, which sequence he was the toughest to pull off, how he got into collecting action figures, what his take on the X-Force movie would have been, and a lot more.
Check out what Jeff Wadlow had to say in the player above and below is exactly what we talked about.
- When did he get into collecting action figures?
- What figure would he grab first in a fire?
- How he’s not a MOC collector.
- How the audience comes to a movie like this for the thrills and kills.
- Which sequence was he nervous about being able to pull off?
- What was his take on the X-Force movie?