Jeffrey Blitz and Producer Sean Welch Exclusive Video Interview LUCKY
Have you ever wondered what it would be like to win the lottery? Do you think all your problems would disappear? After watching Jeffrey Blitz’s (Rocket Science, Spellbound) new documentary Lucky, I’ve learned what people go through when they come into a ton of new money and it isn’t always easy.
Lucky premiered at this year’s Sundance Film Festival and the film features interviews with both lottery winners and regular folks hoping to win. What’s interesting is how some of the winners have changed dramatically, and others are almost the exact same people. It’s a fascinating movie about something millions of people play every week, and by the end, you’ll probably want to buy a ticket.
While at the Festival, I was able to talk with Jeffrey Blitz and producer Sean Welch. They talked about being back at Sundance, how hard it was to find people to be in the film, the editing process, what will be on the DVD, and they tell some great behind the scenes stories. Watch what they had to say after the jump:
Jeffrey Blitz and Producer Sean Welch
- What has the Sundance experience been like for them. And is it the same as last time
- How did Lucky come together (you also get a great exchange between Blitz and Welch)
- 3:00 – Blitz talks about how the lottery was not a part of his life before this project
- 5:00 – How difficult was it to get the people in the film who had won the lottery and how many did they have to approach
- 7:10 – Did anyone drop out once filming began
- 8:10 – How long was the editing process and what was it like to go through all the footage
- 9:30 – What did they take away from this experience and do they now play the lottery
- 12:30 – Have they talked about a 3rd project yet
- 13:20 – What will be on the DVD and will they do any follow ups
- 14:00 – Blitz talks about directing The Office and what that’s like
- 15:20 – Sean Welch talks about the DC Comics documentary he is producing