Director Jon M. Chu’s Jem and the Holograms is set to open in just over a week, but the feature film adaptation of the 80s cartoon series has not been making a lot of noise lately. That changed a bit today as a new batch of images has been released, images which reveal new looks at the title characters in costume, if not in action.
Starring Aubrey Peeples as Jerrica/Jem, Stefanie Scott as Kimber, Hayley Kiyoko as Aja and Aurora Perrineau as Shana, Jem and the Holograms also stars Molly Ringwald, Ryan Guzman, and Juliette Lewis, and opens October 23rd. Check out the newly released images below:
Here’s the official synopsis for Jem and the Holograms:
As a small-town girl catapults from underground video sensation to global superstar, she and her three sisters begin a one-in-a-million journey of discovering that some talents are too special to keep hidden. In Universal Pictures’ JEM AND THE HOLOGRAMS, four aspiring musicians will take the world by storm when they see that the key to creating your own destiny lies in finding your own voice.
Check out more of our recent coverage on Jem and the Holograms below:
- ‘Jem and the Holograms’ Trailer Reveals a Robot Character for Some Reason
- Watch: JEM AND THE HOLOGRAMS Behind-the-Scenes Video Focuses on Family, Identity
- Jason Blum on THE GIFT, Breaking the Rules, JEM AND THE HOLOGRAMS, and More
- JEM AND THE HOLOGRAMS: Jason Blum Says Don’t Judge the Movie By the Trailer
- New JEM AND THE HOLOGRAMS Images Show Glitter and Glamour
- JEM AND THE HOLOGRAMS Image Features Candy-Colored Hair and Crazy Outfits