Opening this weekend is director Ivan Reitman‘s sports drama Draft Day. The film takes place within the span of one day, the day of the NFL draft, as Kevin Costner plays a general manager who has the opportunity to save football in Cleveland when he trades for the number one pick. As the day’s events unfold, he finds the lines between his personal and professional life becoming blurred. Draft Day also stars Jennifer Garner, Denis Leary, Josh Pence, Chadwick Boseman, Sean Combs, Sam Elliott, Terry Crews, Arian Foster, Ellen Burstyn, and Frank Langella.
At the Los Angeles press junket I landed an exclusive video interview with Garner. She talked about working with Costner, when she first realized Cleveland is a crazy sports town, what happened when Costner went to a baseball game in Cleveland, getting in trouble for what she said about Batman vs. Superman, and Jason Reitman’s Pale Blue Dot (previously called Men, Women and Children). Hit the jump to watch.
- How I support her stance against paparazzi taking pictures of kids
- Tells a great story about Costner going to a baseball game in Cleveland.
- What was it like working with Costner.
- How Cleveland is a crazy sports town. When did she first realize the city loves the Browns?
- Talks about Jason Reitman’s movie Pale Blue Dot (previously called Men, Women and Children).
- How she’s gotten in trouble for some of her quotes on Batman vs. Superman.