Now playing in theaters is Jean-Marc Vallée’s drama Dallas Buyers Club. Based on a true story, the film stars Matthew McConaughey as a Texas electrician who, after being diagnosed with AIDS in 1986, began to smuggle alternative and illegal treatments into the US and into the hands of other patients, along with his business partner, a transgender AIDS patient brilliantly played by Jared Leto. While I’ve seen a lot of great performances this year, McConaughey and Leto are at the top of the list. Both give the film their heart and soul and they will both be rewarded with nominations during award season. Dallas Buyers Club is not to be missed. The film also stars Jennifer Garner, Denis O’Hare, Steve Zahn, Michael O’Neill, Dallas Roberts, Griffin Dunne, and Kevin Rankin.
During the Toronto press day for the film, I was able to speak with Garner . She talked about why she wanted to be involved in the project,preparing for the role, what it was like to work with Leto and McConaughey, changes during production, future projects, and more. Hit the jump to watch.
- Talks about how she had to be a part of this film
- How did she prepare for the role?
- How did the script and project change during production? Talks about how a big scene was removed during the shoot.
- What was it like to work with McConaughey and Leto?
- Talks about some of her future projects and how Dallas Buyers Club reminded her how much she loves her job.