Jeremy Renner seems to be one of most in-demand actors working row. Yesterday, we reported on the news that he is up for the role of Hansel in Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters. Now, Deadline reports that the actor might replace Colin Farrell in By Virtue Fall, the upcoming directorial debut of screenwriter Sheldon Turner’s (Up in the Air). The film co-stars Eric Bana and “charts a professional and personal relationship between two characters that evolves from friendship to betrayal and retribution.” However, it seems Renner may not be able to replace Farrell in the film. Hit the jump to find out why.
The one thing that might stop Renner from taking over Farrell’s role is that he is one very busy dude these days. He’s currently set to star in:
- next year’s Mission: Impossible reboot
- director Paul Thomas Anderson’s The Master
- James McTeigue’s (V for Vendetta) indie period piece/thriller Raven
- Marvel’s ensemble superhero film The Avengers, as Hawkeye
- as I mentioned earlier, he is reportedly in talks to star in Hansel and Gretel: With Hunters.
You can next see Renner in this fall’s The Town. The film has been getting some great reviews from the festival circuit and seems to be gaining a lot of buzz. Steve saw the film earlier today at the Toronto International Film Festival and loved the film, along with Renner’s performance.