With Warner Premiere’s Mortal Kombat live–action digital series premiering tomorrow on Machinima.com (a new episode will launch every week), the studio held a press junket today in Beverly Hills and I got to speak with Jeri Ryan, Michael Jai White, director Kevin Tancharoen and game creator Ed Boom.
As most of you know, Tancharoen and the same cast filmed Mortal Kombat: Rebirth last year and the success of the short led Warner Premiere to offer Tancharoen the job helming the new live-action web series Mortal Kombat: Legacy. While the short film was a tease at what Tancharoen wanted to do with a feature, the web series is being released in conjunction with the new Mortal Kombat video game and it’s goal is to offer gamers the history of the warriors they know and love. Obviously if the new series is a success, I’m sure we’ll get more installments. But I’m still hoping that Tancharoen will get the keys to a hard R feature…
Anyway, during my interview with Ryan we talked about how she got involved in the project, what was it like to film all the action, is she signed for more Mortal Kombat series or even a feature, and we talked about Body of Proof on ABC and what’s her karaoke song. Hit the jump to watch.
For all of our previous Mortal Kombat coverage, click here.
- What’s her karaoke song
- :50 How did she first get involved in the project
- 2:05 Does she do a lot of action in the series
- 2:20 How much was the action new for her (talks about how she might have been the only one not a trained fighter in the cast)
- 3:45 An any point did she play Mortal Kombat to help get ready for the role
- 4:40 Is she signed on for any more series or a movie
- 5:05 What was it about the character and show that got her to sign on to Body of Proof on ABC