Shortly after Disney’s presentation at CinemaCon in Las Vegas, I got to talk to producer Jerry Bruckheimer and director Rob Marshall about Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides. While the studio has released a number of trailers, images and posters from the 4th installment, yesterday was the first time the studio had shown any significant amount of footage. While we’ve been asked not to reveal anything specific, I can tell you we got to see three sequences: the first took place in London, the second was out at sea, and the third came from the end of the film and it featured many cast members searching in a jungle for the Fountain of Youth.
As you might expect, the footage was loaded with action, and it featured Johnny Depp as Captain Jack Sparrow having to escape from a variety of unique situations. Also, with the presentation for theater owners, Disney showed us the footage in 3D and it looked fantastic. Since the movie was shot using 3D cameras, I wasn’t surprised.
Anyway, hit the jump to see Bruckheimer & Marshall talk about making the film, how they choose what footage to show, and what’s their go to karaoke song:
Jerry Bruckheimer and Rob Marshall
- What’s their go to karaoke song
- Marshall reveals he was in the show Cats
- How did they choose the footage they showed the theater owners at CinemaCon. Marshall talks about the plot of the movie and where each part takes place
- How did the story come together for the 4th film
- How close are they to being done