Marvel and Netflix have been doing a solid job of drumming up interest for their new series Jessica Jones. A steady supply of short, tantalizing teasers led up to the show’s pilot premiere at NYCC, which our own Evan Valentine called “admirable” for “a setting so mired in darkness and apprehension,” while praising “David Tennant’s gloriously horrific portrayal of Zebediah Killgrave, aka the Purple Man.” His five-star review puts Jessica Jones and title star Krysten Ritter in at least the same league as Charlie Cox and the very well-received Daredevil series that debuted earlier this year.
Two new teasers released today play up more of an artistic angle of the show, merely hinting at the title hero and terrifying villain rather than showing anything more of substance. By definition, they tease the upcoming series but also announce that a new trailer for the show is coming this Friday. I fully expect some actual footage from at least the pilot since it’s already screened to the NYCC audience.
Mike Colter, Carrie-Anne Moss, Rachael Taylor, Eka Darville, Erin Moriarty, and Wil Traval also star in Jessica Jones, all episodes of which will be released on Netflix on November 20th. Check out a pair of Jessica Jones teasers below, and be sure to return this Friday when a new trailer drops:
— Jessica Jones (@JessicaJones) October 21, 2015
For more of our previous and continuing coverage on Jessica Jones, check out our articles at the following links:
- Carrie-Anne Moss and Mike Colter Talk ‘Jessica Jones’ and ‘Luke Cage’ at NYCC
- Krysten Ritter & Showrunner Melissa Rosenberg Talk ‘Jessica Jones’ at NYCC
- ‘Daredevil: Season 2’ and ‘Jessica Jones’ Panel Recap | NYCC 2015
- ‘Jessica Jones’ Pilot Review: Marvel Goes Even Darker in Their New Netflix Series
- ‘Jessica Jones’: David Tennant Is Creepy as Hell in New Teaser Trailer
- ‘Jessica Jones’ Trailer Takes a Shortcut to Work