After a series of excellent Jessica Jones teaser trailers that established the personality of a relatively unknown Marvel hero, a full-length trailer has finally hit the web for Marvel’s latest Netflix series. In the Daredevil follow-up, Krysten Ritter stars as the titular Jessica Jones, a former superhero who now gets by as a self-loathing private detective. The trailer reveals that the show will follow a very similar plot as the comics, which saw Jessica retire from the hero life after falling under the control of the villainous Kilgrave, aka Purple Man (David Tennant), a sadistic villain obsessed with Jessica who used his powers of mind control to abuse and mentally torture her for months.
Check out the full-length Jessica Jones trailer below. All episodes will premiere November 20, 2015 at 12:01am PT in all territories where Netflix is available; the series also stars, Mike Colter (Luke Cage), Rachael Taylor (Trish Walker),Carrie-Anne Moss, Eka Darville, Erin Moriarty, and Wil Traval.
Here’s the official logline for Marvel’s Jessica Jones:
After a tragic ending to her short-lived Super Hero stint, Jessica Jones is rebuilding her personal life and career as a detective who gets pulled into cases in New York City.
For more of our previous and continuing coverage on Jessica Jones, check out our articles at the following links:
- Carrie-Anne Moss and Mike Colter Talk ‘Jessica Jones’ and ‘Luke Cage’ at NYCC
- Krysten Ritter & Showrunner Melissa Rosenberg Talk ‘Jessica Jones’ at NYCC
- ‘Daredevil: Season 2’ and ‘Jessica Jones’ Panel Recap | NYCC 2015
- ‘Jessica Jones’ Pilot Review: Marvel Goes Even Darker in Their New Netflix Series
- ‘Jessica Jones’: David Tennant Is Creepy as Hell in New Teaser Trailer
- ‘Jessica Jones’ Trailer Takes a Shortcut to Work