Opening tomorrow isthe great comedy “Observe and Report”. By now I’m sure you’re sick of me raving about the film, so let’s quickly jump into why you’re here: my video interview with writer/director Jody Hill.
If Jody Hill’s name sounds familiar to you, it’s because he previously directed “The Foot Fist Way” and he’s one of the people behind “Eastbound and Down” – a great new show on HBO that just finished its first season. Anyway, “Observe and Report” is his first studio release and based on how funny it is, I’m extremely confident it won’t be his last.
Finally, here’s a link to the awesome red band trailer which you should really see.
Jody Hill part 1
· How into the cameras and lenses is he as a director
· Did he ever think about doing a digital film
· What was the experience like for him making his first studio film
· We talk about how WB is awesome for letting him make his movie and letting Zack Snyder make Watchmen
· Casting talk – did he cast people right for the part of did he think he needed to put in movie stars
· Jody talks about how he made everyone read for their part – tells greats stories about Michael Pena and Ray Liotta getting cast
Jody Hill part 2
· How quickly does he know when casting that he’s found the right person for the part
· Eastbound and Down talk – was it always the intention to just do 6 episodes
· Says they just want to do 2 seasons of the show
· Is he planning on doing anything else with Danny McBride right now
· What will be on the DVD/Blu-ray – gag reel, commentary, no unrated version
· What is he writing right now – says he’s thinking about a southern Godfather movie?