Now playing in select markets around the world and opening this weekend in North America is Ridley Scott’s Exodus: Gods and Kings. As most of you know, the film is Scott’s take on the Bliblical story of Moses, with Christian Bale playing the former Egyptian prince and Joel Edgerton filling the role of the Egyptian Pharaoh Ramses. The film also stars John Turturro, Aaron Paul, Ben Mendelsohn, Sigourney Weaver and Ben Kingsley. For more on the film watch these clips or the trailer.
Last week at the big press junket in Paris I landed an exclusive video interview with Joel Edgerton. He talked about what it was like working for Ridley Scott, what he learned on set that he could apply to other movies, working with multiple cameras at the same time, deleted scenes, what he stole from the set of Scott Cooper’s Black Mass, Anton Corbijn’s Life with Robert Pattinson and Dane DeHaan, and more. Hit the jump to watch.
- Did he agree to do the role because the junket was going to be in Paris?
- Talks about working with Ridley Scott.
- What did he learn from watching Ridley Scott work that he might be able to apply to his own movies?
- What was it like working with multiple cameras at the same time?
- Deleted scenes talk.
- Talks about Life and Black Mass and how he stole his characters ring from set.