With Roland Emmerich’s period drama Anonymous now playing, it’s time to post the last of my video interviews with the cast. While Emmerich is known for his big-budget disaster movies like 2012 and Independence Day, Anonymous is a big departure by centering on a conspiracy to cover up the true author of Shakespeare’s plays. Emmerich made a really entertaining political thriller wrapped in a controversial theory. The film stars Rhys Ifans, Jamie Campbell Bower, David Thewlis, Joely Richardson, Xavier Samuel and Vanessa Redgrave. Here are some clips and the trailer.
During my interview with Joely Richardson, we talked about how she got cast, karaoke, video games, her thoughts on the authorship of Shakespeare’s plays, and how early she starts to prepare once she gets a project. In addition, with Richardson just having worked with David Fincher on The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo, she talked about what it was like to work for him. Hit the jump to watch.
- What’s her karaoke song
- What’s the last video game she played
- How did she get involved in Anonymous and was it something she went after
- Does she think Shakespeare wrote the plays
- How early does she start to prepare once she gets a project
- What’s the most research she’s ever done for a role
- What was it like to work for David Fincher on Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
- We talk about the amount of takes Fincher likes
- What else does she have coming up