Last night, Warner Home Video held a big Lord of the Rings event at the West L.A. Best Buy to promote the release of The Lord of the Rings: The Motion Picture Trilogy Extended Edition on Blu-ray (here’s our review of the awesome set). Shortly before the store opened to sell copies to the fans, I landed an interview with John Noble on the red carpet in front of the store. While many of you might recognize Noble because of his awesome work as Dr. Walter Bishop on Fringe, he also played Denethor in both The Two Towers and The Return of the King. As a huge fan of his work, it was really cool to get to talk to him.
During the interview we talked about making the Lord of the Rings, did he ever take anything home from set, which is his favorite film in the trilogy, and we also talked about Fringe season 3 and 4! He revealed that they were rewriting the finale as they filmed it and he also dropped a few clues about next season. Hit the jump to watch.
Before getting to the interview, the best price on the set is Amazon for $69.99 (which is over 40% off and you get free shipping). Here’s the link: The Lord of the Rings: The Motion Picture Trilogy Extended Edition Blu-ray. It’s an incredible set.
- How many people come up to him and say, “greetings Dr. Bishop”
- What’s the one thing he remembers about filming the movies
- 1:12 – Did he “borrow” anything from set when he was there
- 1:45 – Does he have a favorite in the trilogy
- 2:30 – When did he know about the Fringe season finale. Reveals it was being written as they were filming it.
- 3:05 – Says he’s going to Comic-Con. More Comic-Con talk
- 3:25 – Has he been told anything about the next season of Fringe. Says they start filming in 3 weeks. Says, “what happens if Peter isn’t there.”