Opening this weekend is director David Koepp’s comedy Mortedcai. The film stars Johnny Depp as the roguish Charlie Mortdecai, an art dealer who finds himself in a race to recover a stolen Goya painting rumored to contain the code to a lost bank account filled with Nazi gold. Depp is joined in the film by Gwyneth Paltrow (Mortdecai’s wife), Ewan McGregor (an officer in MI5 who has been attracted to Mortdecai’s wife since college), Paul Bettany (Mortdecai’s manservant and right hand man), Olivia Munn (a potential mistress and the film’s femme fatale), and Jeff Goldblum (one of the many people that wants the Goya painting and Mortdecai’s Rolls Royce).
Earlier today in London I landed an exclusive video interview with Johnny Depp and Paul Bettany. They talked about who ruined the most takes from laughing, how Bettany made Depp laugh so hard his mustache flew across the room, the witty banter in the script, and what we need to do to make a Master and Commander sequel happen. In addition, Depp talked about playing Whitey Bulger in Scott Cooper’s Black Mass, his Keith Richards documentary, and Bettany talked about being part of Joss Whedon’s Avengers: Age of Ultron and how he’s known about the story for three years. Hit the jump to watch. For more on Mortdecai, watch the US or UK trailers or click here for all of our previous coverage.
Johnny Depp and Paul Bettany:
- What do we need to do to get a Master and Commander sequel?
- The witty banter in the script.
- Who ruined the most takes from laughing?
- How Bettany made Depp laugh so hard his mustache flew across the room.
- Depp talks about Black Mass and his Keith Richards documentary.
- Bettany talks about Vision and Avengers: Age of Ultron and how he’s known about the story for three years.