When you pose the challenge of poking yourself in the eye without tearing up to the star of a new Jackass movie, he’s bound to take you up on it. Bad Grandpa features Johnny Knoxville and Jackson Nicoll as Irving and Billy. When Billy’s mother is hit with some serious jail time, it’s up to Irving to drive cross-country so he can dump the kid with his father and not get stuck with him himself. Even though Irving is disappointed that his newfound single status is tarnished by this little “cock block,” he soon comes to realize that they make quite the destructive, insulting, outrageous and lovable pair.
When Nicoll and I weren’t busy jabbing our fingers in our eyes during our interview at Planet Hollywood in Las Vegas, Nicoll and Knoxville enlightened Collider on the risk involved in staging stunts, behind-the-scenes pranks that couldn’t make the final cut, Nicoll’s passion for fishing, speedos and sandwiches, and more. Enjoy watching Nicoll count Knoxville’s arm hairs in the video after the jump and click here for my review.
Johnny Knoxville & Jackson Nicoll:
- The risk of staging pranks.
- What happens when the stunts don’t pan out?
- What happens when people you prank refuse to be in the movie?
- Nicoll’s favorite behind-the-scenes prank.
- Nicoll’s fearlessness and eye-poking capabilities.
- Nicoll’s favorite things – speedos, sandwiches, Mountain Dew and fishing.
- Knoxville on the new loose narrative format.
- The one stunt Nicoll saw Knoxville do that he’d never do himself.