Opening this weekend is director Craig Gillespie’s true-life sports drama Million Dollar Arm. The film stars Jon Hamm as a washed-up sports agent who travels to India and sets up a nationally televised game show, “Million Dollar Arm” to see if any cricket players might cut it in the big leagues. Once there, he finds two 18-year-old boys, Rinku (Suraj Sharma) and Dinesh (Madhur Mittal), whose talent at throwing a fastball could possibly lead them to a major league contract. Written by Tom McCarthy (The Station Agent, The Visitor, and Win Win), Million Dollar Arm also stars Bill Paxton, Lake Bell, Aasif Mandvi, Pitobash, and Alan Arkin. For more on the film, watch four clips and a featurette.
At the Los Angeles press day, I landed an exclusive video interview with Jon Hamm. He talked about working with Lake Bell, deleted scenes, the challenges of filming in India during the summer, the amazing cultural landmarks, “code brown,” and a lot more. Hit the jump to watch.
- What kind of food is on his table next to him?
- How he has great chemistry with Lake Bell in the film.
- The challenge of filming in India during the summer.
- How some of the crew suffered “code brown” but he didn’t.
- Deleted scenes?
- Talks about the Taj Mahal and the other cultural landmarks of the country.