Now playing in theaters is director Dean Israelite’s time travel movie Project Almanac. The film stars Jonny Weston as David, a kid who comes across his late father’s plans to build a time machine. Determined to complete his dad’s work, David recruits his friends (Allen Evangelista and Sam Lerner) to help him put it together. As they begin to use the machine, unexpected complications lead to severe consequences when each jump they take in time alters the present. Project Almanac also stars Virginia Gardner, Sofia Black-D’Elia, and Amy Landecker.
At the recent Los Angeles press day I landed an exclusive video interview with Jonny Weston and Sofia Black-D’Elia. They talked about if they watched Looper, Terminator and other sci-fi films before shooting, if the script/story changed during production, putting the dialogue in their own words, and future projects like Insurgent and Ben Hur.
As usual I’ve listed what we talked about. For more on Project Almanac, click here for all our previous coverage which includes trailers, TV spots, on set interviews, and more.
Jonny Weston and Sofia Black-D’Elia:
- Did they watch Looper, Terminator and other sci-fi films before shooting to help them get ready?
- How much did the script/story change during production?
- Did they put a lot of the dialogue in their own works?
- What’s it been like waiting for the film to come out after screening it at Comic-Con last year?
- They each talk about future projects like Insurgent and Ben Hur.