The dramedy 50/50, directed by Jonathan Levine (The Wackness), is one of my favorite films of 2011.Â Starring Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Seth Rogen, Anna Kendrick, Bryce Dallas Howard, and Anjelica Huston, the film is based on screenwriter Will Reiserâ€™s real-life battle with cancer and focuses on the twists, turns, shock, sadness, and comedic relief that he experienced along the way.Â While all the performances are fantastic, Gordon-Levitt is operating on another level.Â I really believe heâ€™s one of the best actors working in Hollywood.
While at the Toronto Film Festival, I was able to speak with Gordon-Levitt about how he got involved in 50/50, if he’ll ever host Saturday Night Live again and how he’ll top his amazing opening number, if he prefers doing a few takes like Clint Eastwood or tons like David Fincher, what it means to be working with Steven Spielberg on Lincoln, and if he’s seen a rough cut of Rian Johnson’s Looper.Â In addition, while I knew he’d be guarded about The Dark Knight Rises, I was able to get a good answer on what it’s like work with the IMAX cameras.Â Hit the jump to watch.
- When is he going to host SNL again and how will he top the opening from his last time on the show
- What’s his karaoke song
- What’s the last video game he’s played
- How did he get involved in 50/50
- Does he prefer doing 2 takes like Clint Eastwood or 50 takes like David Fincher
- What does it mean to him to be working with Steven Spielberg on Lincoln
- Has he seen a rough cut of Looper yet
- What’s it like working with the IMAX cameras on The Dark Knight Rises