With writer-director Rian Johnson‘s Looper opening this weekend, all week I’m running exclusive video interviews with the cast and Johnson. The film takes place in a future where time travel exists, but it’s only used on the black market. Joseph Gordon-Levitt plays a “Looper”, a hitman who is contracted to kill people that are sent back in time, and then disposes of the bodies so the victim technically no longer exists. Things go awry when his future self (Bruce Willis) is sent back in time as a target and then escapes. The film also stars Emily Blunt, Jeff Daniels, and Paul Dano. For more on the film, here are 4 clips and Matt’s review.
At this year’s Toronto International Film Festival, I got to speak with Joseph Gordon-Levitt. We talked about the Looper script, how the film changed during production, what do great directors have in common, and more. In addition, with rumors of The Dark Knight Rises having thirty minutes of deleted scenes, I asked Gordon-Levitt if that was true. Finally, we ended the interview talking about his directorial debut Don Jon’s Addiction (which stars Levitt, Scarlett Johansson and Julianne Moore) and when it might premiere. Hit the jump to watch.
And click here if you missed my video interview with Emily Blunt.
- What do people always want to talk about when they meet him
- What was his reaction to reading the script for Looper for the first time
- How did the project change during production
- Talks about what great directors have in common
- Does he think The Dark Knight Rises has 30 or 40 minutes of deleted scenes like some online rumors suggest
- Talks about Don Jon’s Addiction (his directorial debut) and if it will premiere at Sundance in January 2013