With the amount of coverage we’ve given Jonah Hex over the past few months (my set report and on set interviews with Josh Brolin, John Malkovich, and Director Jimmy Hayward), I’d like to think you know what the movie is about and who’s in it. But for the three people that don’t, watch these movie clips and read the synopsis.
Anyway, the other day I got to sit down with Josh Brolin for a new interview and it turned out great as Brolin is super cool and willing to talk about anything. During interview he talked about why he wanted to play Jonah Hex, what the past year has been like for him as he’s been working nonstop on films like Wall Street 2, Woody Allen’s You Will Meet a Tall Dark Stranger, the Coen Brothers True Grit, and he even told me why he wanted to be in Men in Black 3. It’s really a great interview so check it out after the jump:
And one thing before watching…Brolin and I were talking (off camera) about how he thought he had just spoken to me on the phone and that’s how the interview starts. Also, Brolin credits me as one of the reasons why he made this movie. If you don’t know the story, watch this interview from last year’s Comic-Con.
- We join the interview after he’s been telling me that he thought he just spoke to me on the phone…
- What’s the last year been like for him as he’s gone from project to project
- Talks about working for the Coen Brothers
- What made him want to play Jonah Hex
- Filming the action and how did he prepare for the role
- Men in Black 3 talk – confirms his deal is set and he’s in it