Today, the third Men in Black movie hits theaters. Barry Sonnenfeld returns as director, and the story finds Will Smith’s Agent J traveling back in time to save Tommy Lee Jones’ Agent K. Josh Brolin plays a younger version of Jones’ character, and does an incredible job; you’ll be totally convinced you’re watching a young Tommy Lee Jones. During my interview with Brolin, we talked about his awesome performance, his first day on set, favorite movies, Fahrenheit 451, and future projects like Ruben Fleischer‘s Gangster Squad, Jason Reitman‘s Labor Day, Spike Lee‘s Oldboy, and Hunchback of Notre Dame.
Hit the jump to watch the interview. Men in Black 3 also stars Jemaine Clement, Alice Eve, and Emma Thompson. In addition, make-up effects artist Rick Baker returns to the franchise and you can see some of his creature work here. Click on the corresponding links for my conversations with Tommy Lee Jones, Will Smith director Barry Sonnenfeld. For more on the film, here’s all our previous coverage.
- A crazy opening to the interview
- What are some of his favorite movies
- Fahrenheit 451 talk
- His amazing impression of Tommy Lee Jones and how did he pull it off
- Talks about his first day on set
- Talks about Gangster Squad, Labor Day and Oldboy
- Says he will be doing Hunchback of Notre Dame next year. While he’s not sure where they will be filming it, he thinks Paris and London