One of the many films that premiered at this year’s Sundance Film festival was writer/director Josh Radnor’s happythankyoumoreplease. While many might have thought Radnor only got into Sundance due to his CBS sitcom How I Met Your Mother, his film won the Dramatic Audience Award at Sundance, proving he belonged in the Festival.
Starring Malin Akerman (Watchmen), Kate Mara (Shooter), Tony Hale (Arrested Development , Chuck) and Josh Radnor, happythankyoumoreplease is about six New Yorkers juggling love, and friendship. Even though the story is nothing new in the world of movies, I really enjoyed his debut film. Also, while many Sundance movies were tough to watch, happythankyoumoreplease is a really sweet romcom that’s sure to please audiences looking for an uplifting movie about love. While the movie doesn’t yet have distribution , I’m sure someone will purchase the film soon.
To help promote the film, I got to talk with Malin Akerman and Josh Radnor. You can watch the interview after the jump:
As usual, I’ve listed what we talked about above the interview. And if you’d like to see some movie clips from happythankyoumoreplease, click here.
Josh Radnor and Malin Akerman
- Do they pay attention to the buzz online
- Josh talks about how the film came together and what it’s about
- Malin does the same
- 3:10 – How tough was it to get the money to make it
- 4:35 – I ask if it’s true that he makes people watch How I Met Your Mother if you want to work for him
- 6:10 – Has the film been sold…what’s up with distribution
- 6:25 – What does it mean to be at Sundance and what has it been like
- 7:10 – Josh talks about when he found out he got into Sundance and what was his reaction