One of the films that got rave reviews at this year’s Sundance Film Festival was director Lisa Cholodenko’s (High Art, Laurel Canyon) The Kids Are All Right. The film is about two teenage children Mia Wasikowska (Alice in Wonderland) and Josh Hutcherson (Journey to the Center of the Earth, Red Dawn) that decide to track down their donor father (Mark Ruffalo) as they were both conceived artificially by their two mothers (Annette Bening and Julianne Moore). Once they locate him, their household will never be the same. Like I said when I posted my interviews with director Lisa Cholodenko, Mark Ruffalo, and Mia Wasikowska, I loved this movie and I think it’s going to be remembered at the end of the year during Award season.
Anyway, during my interview with Julianne Moore we first started talking about Children of Men (which is another awesome movie) and funny t-shirts. Then we jumped into what it was like to make this movie and her upcoming movie with Steve Carell called Crazy, Stupid, Love. Finally, we talked about her work on 30 Rock. It’s a great interview so hit the jump to check it out:
One last thing, you can watch some clips from The Kids Are All Right here.
- We talk about my amusing shirt and how I try to wear something funny for afternoon interviews. I also plug threadless.com
- Rather than starting with The Kids Are All Right, I ask about Children of Men
- Regarding Kids Are All Right, I ask if this was an immediate yes when she got the script. She talks about how long it took for the film to get made
- How did things change on set regarding the script as the dialogue sounded real
- What’s the last year been like for her with 30 Rock and movies
- She talks about Crazy Stupid Love – her movie with Steve Carell