When you’re making a buddy comedy, it all comes down to the chemistry between the leads. Thankfully, Josh Gad and Kevin Hart are great together and I laughed a lot watching director Jeremy Garelick’s The Wedding Ringer. As most of you know, the film centers on a socially awkward yet successful groom-to-be (Gad) who hires the CEO of Best Man Inc. (Hart), a company that provides best men for socially challenged guys in need. As the two of them try to fool everybody, a real friendship forms between them. The film also stars Kaley Cuoco-Sweeting, Olivia Thirlby, Cloris Leachman, Ken Howard, Jenifer Lewis, and Mimi Rogers. For more on The Wedding Ringer, watch the trailer, these clips, or check out all our previous coverage.
At the recent L.A. press day, I landed an exclusive video interview with Kaley Cuoco-Sweeting (she plays Gad’s fiancée). She talked about who ruined the most takes, collaborating with Jeremy Garelick, how she shot the movie while filming The Big Bang Theory, the quality of the script, and more.
- How she shot the movie while also filming The Big Bang Theory.
- How did the script change after she got involved?
- Who ruined the most takes from laughing?
- Even Kevin Hart admitted he ruined the most takes.
- Collaborating with Jeremy Garelick
- What future movies projects would she like to work on?