With director Alan Taylor’s Thor: The Dark World now playing around the world and opening in North America this weekend, I recently got to interview the cast and filmmakers in London. As most of you know, Chris Hemsworth returns as Thor, who reluctantly teams up with Loki (Tom Hiddleston) to fight off the villainous dark elf Malekith the Accursed (Christopher Eccleston). The film also stars Natalie Portman, Stellan Skarsgård, Idris Elba, Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje, Kat Dennings, Ray Stevenson, Zachary Levi, Tadanobu Asano, Jaimie Alexander, Rene Russo, and Anthony Hopkins.
During my interview with Dennings, she talked about the film’s humor, when found out her character would have such a large role, getting in on the action, deleted scenes, the way she picks projects, and more. Hit the jump to watch.
- Did she know her character would be such a big part in the sequel?
- How the movie is very funny.
- Getting to do a lot of action in the film.
- Deleted scenes talk.
- How has being on a TV show that films so much of the year changed the way she picks projects during her hiatus?
- Does she know what she’s doing during her next hiatus?