Opening today is Katy Perry: Part of Me 3D. Like last year’s Justin Bieber movie, Never Say Never, Katy Perry‘s film is equal parts concert footage and documentary. Now here’s the shocking part: it’s actually quite good. While directors Dan Cutforth and Jane Lipsitz could have just focused on her stage persona and the positives, the film shows how hard Perry tried to keep her relationship with Russell Brand alive and it doesn’t shy away from some of the more difficult moments. Of course the film doesn’t show everything, but it offers enough to make you feel like you’re really behind the curtain.
Last week I got to speak with Perry for our partners at Omelete. We talked about what it was like was when she first saw the movie, if there was anything she wanted removed, favorite movies, video games, the pressure to repeat the success of her last CD which had five number one singles, and who she’d like to collaborate with on her next album. Hit the jump to watch.
- What are some of her favorite movies
- What’s the last video game she’s played
- What was it like the first time she saw the movie and had she been in the editing room
- Was there anything she had cut out after watching the first cut of the film
- Does she feel any pressure to repeat the success of her last CD which had five number one singles
- Are there any producers or writers that she would like to collaborate with on her next album