Kelsey Grammer (Frasier) is more than meets the eye as the new – and quite human – antagonist for Michael Bay’s Transformers 4. Not too much is known about his character except that he’ll be playing counter-intelligence operative Harold Attinger – a flesh-and-blood baddie – and not a voice of any villainous Decepticons. Grammer will join Mark Wahlberg, Stanley Tucci, Nicola Peltz and Jack Reynor in a story that centers on “a group of powerful, ingenious businessman and scientists [who] attempt to learn from past Transformer incursions and push the boundaries of technology beyond what they can control—all while an ancient, powerful Transformer menace sets Earth in his crosshairs.” Transformers 4 opens June 27, 2014. Hit the jump for more.
Deadline reported on Grammer’s addition to Bay’s newest Transformers movie. Grammer also stars in writer/director John Herzfeld’s drama Reach Me, which is expected to open later this year. He’ll also be voicing the Tin Man in the 2014 animated release, Legends of Oz: Dorothy’s Return, lead by Lea Michele (Glee).
Click here for all our Transformers coverage or browse the recent links below.
- Dwayne Johnson and Mark Wahlberg Talk PAIN AND GAIN, G.I. JOE 3, and the Prospect of a G.I. JOE/ TRANSFORMERS Crossover
- Stanley Tucci Joins the Cast of TRANSFORMERS 4
- Michael Bay Reveals TRANSFORMERS 4 Will Shoot the ‘Showcase Scenes’ With the New IMAX 3D Digital Camera
- TRANSFORMERS 4 Confirmed to Film in China
- Plot Details for TRANSFORMERS 4 Revealed; Filming Will Take Place in Detroit
- Michael Bay Says They’ve “Redesigned Everything” for TRANSFORMERS 4
- Mark Wahlberg Says TRANSFORMERS 4 Starts Shooting in May Followed By TED Sequel