If you felt this morning’s version of the Kick-Ass 2 trailer featuring Hit-Girl (Chloe Grace Moretz) was a bit light on blood and profanity, then this new red-band version of the same trailer might be more your speed. It’s a funnier cut than the earlier one precisely because cute girls saying vulgar things and beating the bloody snot out of people is just downright hilarious.
Hit the jump to check out the trailer and new character poster for Moretz’s Hit-Girl. The movie co-stars Aaron Taylor-Johnson, Clark Duke, Donald Faison, John Leguizamo, Jim Carrey and Olga Kurkulina. Kick-Ass 2 opens August 16th.
Click here to get caught up on all of our previous and ongoing coverage of Kick-Ass 2, or take a look at some of the highlights below:
- International Trailer for KICK-ASS 2 plus a New Poster Featuring Jim Carrey as Colonel Stars and Stripes
- Mark Millar and John Romita, Jr. Duel in KICK-ASS 2
- 6 New KICK-ASS 2 Character Posters Feature Kick-Ass, Hit-Girl, The Mother Fucker and More
- Morris Chestnut Talks THE CALL and KICK-ASS 2
- 6 New Images and First Poster for KICK-ASS 2
- First Red-Band Trailer for KICK-ASS 2 Starring Aaron Johnson, Chloe Moretz, Christopher Mintz-Plasse, and Jim Carrey
- 3 New Images from KICK-ASS 2 Show off Hit-Girl and “Justice Forever” Headquarters
- New Hi-Res Images from KICK-ASS 2 Starring Aaron Taylor-Johnson and Jim Carrey
Here’s the official synopsis for Kick-Ass 2:
Kick-Ass, Hit Girl and Red Mist return for the follow-up to 2010’s irreverent global hit: Kick-Ass 2. After Kick-Ass’ (Aaron Taylor-Johnson) insane bravery inspires a new wave of self-made masked crusaders, led by the badass Colonel Stars and Stripes (Jim Carrey), our hero joins them on patrol. When these amateur superheroes are hunted down by Red Mist (Christopher Mintz-Plasse)—reborn as The Mother F%&*^r—only the blade-wielding Hit Girl (Chloe Grace Moretz) can prevent their annihilation. When we last saw junior assassin Hit Girl and young vigilante Kick-Ass, they were trying to live as normal teenagers Mindy and Dave. With graduation looming and uncertain what to do, Dave decides to start the world’s first superhero team with Mindy.
Unfortunately, when Mindy is busted for sneaking out as Hit Girl, she’s forced to retire—leaving her to navigate the terrifying world of high-school mean girls on her own. With no one left to turn to, Dave joins forces with Justice Forever, run by a born-again ex-mobster named Colonel Stars and Stripes. Just as they start to make a real difference on the streets, the world’s first super villain, The Mother F%&*^r, assembles his own evil league and puts a plan in motion to make Kick-Ass and Hit Girl pay for what they did to his dad. But there’s only one problem with his scheme: If you mess with one member of Justice Forever, you mess with them all.