A number of debut posters for some upcoming releases have landed online. Briefly:
- Kill the Messenger – A colorful debut Kill the Messenger poster for the dramatic thriller based on the true story of a journalist who was the target of a smear campaign by the CIA. Jeremy Renner stars and the film opens on October 14th. Check back tomorrow for the trailer.
- Deliver Us from Evil – The clever first poster for director Scott Derrickson’s upcoming psychological horror film, which stars Eric Bana, Edgar Ramirez, and Olivia Munn and opens July 2nd.
- Wish I Was Here – The first theatrical poster for director Zach Braff’s new dramedy, which revolves around a struggling actor and husband coming to terms with his father’s death. Click here to read my review. The film opens July 18th.
- The Green Inferno – The first poster for director Eli Roth’s new cannibalistic horror film, opening on September 15th.
- Life of Crime – The debut poster for the Jackie Brown prequel starring Jennifer Aniston, John Hawkes, and Tim Robbins. Click here to read Matt’s review. The film opens August 29th.
Hit the jump to check out the aforementioned posters.
Kill the Messenger
Via Focus Features.
Here’s the official synopsis for Kill the Messenger:
Two-time Academy Award nominee Jeremy Renner (“The Bourne Legacy”) leads an all-star cast in a dramatic thriller based on the remarkable true story of Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist Gary Webb. Webb stumbles onto a story which leads to the shady origins of the men who started the crack epidemic on the nation’s streets…and further alleges that the CIA was aware of major dealers who were smuggling cocaine into the U.S., and using the profits to arm rebels fighting in Nicaragua. Despite warnings from drug kingpins and CIA operatives to stop his investigation, Webb keeps digging to uncover a conspiracy with explosive implications. His journey takes him from the prisons of California to the villages of Nicaragua to the highest corridors of power in Washington, D.C. – and draws the kind of attention that threatens not just his career, but his family and his life.
Deliver Us from Evil
Via IMP Awards.
Here’s the official synopsis for Deliver Us from Evil:
In DELIVER US FROM EVIL, New York police officer Ralph Sarchie (Eric Bana), struggling with his own personal issues, begins investigating a series of disturbing and inexplicable crimes. He joins forces with an unconventional priest (Edgar Ramirez), schooled in the rituals of exorcism, to combat the frightening and demonic possessions that are terrorizing their city. Based upon the book, which details Sarchie’s bone-chilling real-life cases.
Wish I Was Here
Via Focus Features.
Here’s the official synopsis for Wish I Was Here:
“Wish I Was Here” is the story of Aidan Bloom (played by me), a struggling actor, father and husband, who at 35 is still trying to find his identity; a purpose for his life. He and his wife are barely getting by financially and Aidan passes his time by fantasizing about being the great futuristic Space-Knight he’d always dreamed he’d be as a little kid.
When his ailing father can no longer afford to pay for private school for his two kids (ages 5 and 12) and the only available public school is on its last legs, Aidan reluctantly agrees to attempt to home-school them.
The result is some funny chaos, until Aidan decides to scrap the traditional academic curriculum and come up with his own. Through teaching them about life his way, Aidan gradually discovers some of the parts of himself he couldn’t find.
The Green Inferno
Here’s the official synopsis for The Green Inferno:
Directed, co-written, and produced by Roth (Cabin Fever, Hostel franchise), THE GREEN INFERNO follows a group of student activists who travel from New York City to the Amazon to save a tribe from extinction. In an unfortunate twist of fate, when the group arrives, they are taken hostage by the very cannibals they sought to protect.
Life of Crime
Here’s the official synopsis for Life of Crime:
Based on Elmore Leonard’s novel “The Switch,” LIFE OF CRIME is a dark caper comedy starring Jennifer Aniston, John Hawkes, Yasiin Bey, Will Forte, Mark Boone Junior, Isla Fisher and Tim Robbins. The wife (JENNIFER ANISTON) of a corrupt real estate developer (TIM ROBBINS) is kidnapped by two common criminals (Yasiin Bey and JOHN HAWKES), who intend to extort him with inside information about his crooked business and off-shore accounts. But the husband decides he’d actually rather not pay the ransom to get back his wife, setting off an unbelievable sequence of double crosses and plot twists that could only come from the mind of Elmore Leonard.