This weekend in Los Angeles, Hero Complex Gallery and the New Beverly Cinema will team up to honor Joe Dante and Roger Corman as “Kings of Cult.” The celebration begins on May 23 with a double feature of Dante’s Matinee and Corman’s The Masque of Red Death at the New Beverly Cinema. Dana Gould will host a Q&A with Dante and Corman between the films.
On May 24, HCG will host the “Kings of Cult” art exhibition. The collection includes works inspired by Gremlins, Innerspace, The Burbs, Piranha, Death Race 2000, The Raven, and more alongside original props from their movies. Dante and Corman will be on hand and ready to autograph. Hit the jump for more details and a preview of the collection.
Tickets for the screening can be bought at Brown Paper Tickets.
- Who: New Beverly Cinema
- What: Double Feature Screening of Joe Dante’s Matinee (1993) and Roger Corman’s The Masque of the
- Red Death (1964)
- When: Friday, May 23rd, starting at 7:30pm
- Where: 7165 West Beverly Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90036
- Who: Hero Complex Gallery
- What: “Kings of Cult” Art Exhibition
- Description: Art show celebrating the works of Roger Corman & Joe Dante
- When: Opening Reception: Saturday, May 24th, 7-10pm
- On Display: May 24th – June 8th, W-Sun, 11am-6pm
- Where: HCG, 2020 South Robertson Blvd., Studio D, LA, CA 90034