Opening this weekend is Silent Hill: Revelation 3D. The film is a sequel to 2006’s Silent Hill, and centers on a daughter and father who are on the run from dangerous forces that remain unknown to the young girl. When her father (Sean Bean) goes missing, the young girl (Adelaide Clemens) must set out to discover what happened. When she becomes trapped in a demonic world, the girl learns she’s not who she thinks she is. Silent Hill: Revelation 3D also stars Kit Harington, Carrie-Anne Moss, Radha Mitchell, and Malcolm McDowell. For more on the film, here’s Matt recap of the NYCC panel, some clips, a TV spot, and the trailer.
Shortly before his panel at Comic-Con, I got to sit down with Kit Harington for an exclusive video interview. We talked about how he got involved in Silent Hill, did he play the game, what it’s like to be at Comic-Con, what he collects, starring opposite Jeff Bridges and Julianne Moore in The Seventh Son, and more. In addition, for all the Game of Thrones fans, Harington talked about the bigger budget for season three and how the season compares to seasons one and two. Hit the jump to watch.
- :11 – Talks about being mobbed by Game of Thrones fans at both San Diego and New York Comic Con.
- :55 – Actors dressing up in costumes and masks to walk around unnoticed. He says one of the girls from True Blood went as Chewbacca.
- 1:42 – Is there anything that he collects?
- 2:37 – How did he get involved with Silent Hill? Says he hadn’t seen the first film when he got the part.
- 3:15 – Talks about preparing by playing the video games. Says the Silent Hill games terrify him.
- 3:55 – Filming in Toronto and using the Red EPIC camera. Talks about filming the 3D.
- 5:10 – How many takes does he like to do and what’s the most he’s ever done?
- 6:33 – Working with Jeff Bridges and Julianne Moore on The Seventh Son. Talks about being in the first film they had done together since The Big Lebowski.
- 7:38 – Talks about how Bridges takes a lot of photographs during the film shoot.
- 8:30 - Game of Thrones. Talks about fans that haven’t read the books being averse to spoilers.
- 9:15 – Talks about the bigger budget for season three and how the season compares to seasons one and two:
“I’d definitely say our budget’s bigger for season three, you can feel it on set. I’ll put it this way: season one was a big impact season, season two was more story, season three is another impact season. There’s some wonderful stuff coming in this season which is gonna grab people, especially if they don’t know what’s coming… So I’d say enjoy it, because this season is my favorite season so far.”
- 9:40 – Talks about how this season relates to the books.
- 10:03 – Says they haven’t received an order for season four yet (they will), and they’re still in the middle of filming season three. The entire shoot will have lasted 6 months.