If you’re in possession of a working internet connection and basic human sentience, you’re probably aware that HBO’s Game of Thrones is coming to a close after its upcoming eighth season. The cast can shave off their castle beards and wipe away all that Flea Bottom grime, but the end of quite possibly the last water cooler TV show ever is all anyone’s going to want to ask about for a good, long while. So it makes sense that Kit Harington‘s Saturday Night Live monologue dispensed with the pleasantries and got straight to the important questions, courtesy of Game of Thrones alums Emilia Clarke, John Bradley, and Rose Leslie.
The “Questions From The Audience” monologue is a well-worn bit that SNL usually goes to when its host isn’t exactly known for their comedy chops, but this is just too darn charming. “Do you remember in season 6 when we had sex? Did you know they filmed that?” is so well-delivered by Clarke, even if [adjusts GOT-embroidered glasses] that actually happened in season 7.
Check out the full monologue below. Game of Thrones returns for its eighth and final season on April 14.
And, as an added bonus, Saturday Night Live doubled down on their Thrones content with a digital short pitching the dozens of prequels, sequels, and spin-offs that are coming HBO’s way. Would 100% watch The Queen of King’s Landing.
For more on Game of Thrones, make sure to click through the links below:
- ‘Game of Thrones’: Collider Editors Pick Who Will End Up On the Iron Throne
- Winter Spares No One in Chilling New ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 8 Trailer
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 8 Premiere Event Included a Stern Warning from Arya and Sansa
- 7 Minor ‘Game of Thrones’ Characters Who Could Play a Major Role in Season 8
- Watch: ‘Game of Thrones’ Cast Teases Season 8: “They’ve Fired Kitchen Sinks Out of a Howitzer”