Over the past few years, Disney Animation has really impressed me. I thought both Tangled and Wreck-it-Ralph were huge steps forward for the studio, but nothing could have prepared me for how much I loved Frozen. Loaded with amazing songs (written and composed by Robert Lopez and Kristen Anderson-Lopez), great characters (wait until you meet Olaf), and enough humor to keep both kids and parents interested, I’m planning on taking my entire family to see it over Thanksgiving weekend and think it’s going to a huge hit at the box office. If you’re not familiar with Frozen, the story centers on a young dreamer named Anna (Kristen Bell) who teams up with Kristoff (Jonathan Groff), an extreme mountain man, to find her sister Elsa, the Queen of Arendelle (Idina Menzel) who has accidentally trapped their kingdom in eternal winter. For more on the film, here’s all our previous coverage.
At the recent New York City press day I landed a great interview with Bell. She talked about when she first realized Frozen might be a great movie, changes during production, when she first realized she’d be a princess at Disneyland, the Veronica Mars movie Kickstarter campaign, being part of Lady Gaga & the Muppets’ Holiday Spectacular, getting to do a few episodes of Parks and Recreation, and more. Hit the jump to watch and make sure to see Frozen in 3D when it opens November 27th.
- What was it like to not work with Ron Swanson (Nick Offerman) on Parks and Rec?
- Talks about how she’s on a few upcoming episodes and getting to work with Amy Poehler
- When did she realize Frozen might be a great movie?
- How did the story change during production?
- When did she realize she’d be a princess at Disneyland
- Did she get a Disney passport for life for being in the film?
- What is the craziest thing she’s done or still has to do for the Veronica Mars movie Kickstarter campaign?
- Talks about being part of Lady Gaga & the Muppets’ Holiday Spectacular and how she worked with Lady Gaga.