With director Floria Sigismondi’s The Runaways finally getting released into more theaters tomorrow, it’s time to share the video interview I did with Kristen Stewart and Dakota Fanning. Since we’ve been covering the film for months, I shouldn’t have to tell you anything about it. But for the three people that don’t know:
The Runaways is based on the book Neon Angel: The Cherie Currie Story by Cherie Currie and it tells the coming-of-age story of the teenage rock band The Runaways and how they came together in the mid 1970′s. Kristen Stewart stars as Joan Jett, Dakota Fanning is Cherie Currie, and Michael Shannon stars as the über-eccentric Kim Fowley – the man who put The Runaways together.
During the interview Stewart and Fanning answered questions I got via Twitter (thanks to everyone who tweeted me questions) and if you watch time index 2:50 or so, you can hear what sounds like the wall falling and see their reactions. It’s actually a very relaxed and fun interview. Check it out after the jump:
Kristen Stewart and Dakota Fanning THE RUNAWAYS
- Before the interview started we had some drama….
- I mention I’m going to ask Twitter supplied questions
- We discuss how they’ve been asked a lot of the same questions
- Were there any Runaways songs they wanted to record but didn’t
- Favorite Runaways song
- How has it been growing up on screen. Can they watch older movies
- Favorite costumes and did they get to keep anything
- 2:50 the wall makes a sound like it’s going to come down…watch for it
- Kristen then continues talking about the way Joan dressed
- Did they debate taking this part due to how much they’d have to do – singing and performing