Opening this weekend is director Craig Gillespie’s true-life sports drama Million Dollar Arm. The film stars Jon Hamm as a washed-up sports agent who travels to India and sets up a nationally televised game show, “Million Dollar Arm” to see if any cricket players might cut it in the big leagues. Once there, he finds two 18-year-old boys, Rinku (Suraj Sharma) and Dinesh (Madhur Mittal), whose talent at throwing a fastball could possibly lead them to a major league contract. Written by Tom McCarthy (The Station Agent, The Visitor, and Win Win), Million Dollar Arm also stars Bill Paxton, Lake Bell, Aasif Mandvi, Pitobash, and Alan Arkin. For more on the film, watch four clips and a featurette.
At the Los Angeles press day, I landed an exclusive video interview with Lake Bell. She talked about getting to work with Jon Hamm, how he’s very funny but most people just see Don Draper from Mad Men, the way she prepared for the role, when she’ll be directing again, and getting to work with Simon Pegg on the romantic comedy Man Up. Hit the jump to watch.
- How the film is very optimistic
- Talks about getting to work with Jon Hamm and how he’s very funny but most of the world just see’s Don Draper from Mad Men.
- Talks about how she got ready for the role.
- When will she be directing again?
- Talks about working with Simon Pegg on the romantic comedy Man Up.