Opening this Friday is writer/director Rick Famuyiwa’s Our Family Wedding. The film stars Forest Whitaker, America Ferrera, Carlos Mencia, Regina King, Lance Gross, Anjelah Johnson, Diane-Maria Riva, and Lupe Ontiveros. The premise is a young couple (America Ferrera and Lance Gross) get back to Los Angeles to tell their families they’re getting married. Unfortunately, neither family is on board with this plan, and each person has their own opinion on marriage and relationships.
To help promote the film, I recently spoke to one of the stars of the film, Lance Gross. We talked about making Our Family Weedding, doing publicity, filming in L.A., working with Charlie Murphy, Taye Diggs and Forest Whitaker, and his career. Hit the jump to check it out:
And if you’d like to watch some clips from Our Family Wedding, click here.
- We talk about how the day has been going and how he views doing publicity
- Did he go after the movie or did it come after him
- We talk about how the movie features real people in real situations and only a few “Hollywood” moments
- Working with Charlie Murphy and Taye Diggs
- Working with Forest Whitaker and what did he learn
- Gross has done TV, music videos and now film. What’s his plan for 2010
- Filming at a house Frank Sinatra used to own