With Zack Snyder’s Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice getting released this weekend around the world, the other day I sat down with Laurence Fishburne for an exclusive video interview about the film. During our wide-ranging conversation he talked about when he first fell in love with comics, memorable moments from filming Batman v Superman, if any of Perry White’s lines are ad-libbed, deleted scenes, the awesome cast, and more. In addition, he revealed how he got into John Wick: Chapter Two, who he plays in director Morten Tyldum’s sci-fi romance Passengers, his thoughts on Hannibal only getting three seasons, History Channel’s updated version of Roots, and more.
While I’m embargoed from talking about my thoughts on Batman v Superman for now, I can say the best way to see the movie is in IMAX. A number of scenes were shot using IMAX cameras and they’re amazing to watch on the big screen. Trust me, see this movie in IMAX.
Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice also stars Henry Cavill, Ben Affleck, Gal Gadot, Amy Adams, Jesse Eisenberg, Diane Lane, Holly Hunter, Jeremy Irons, and Scoot McNairy.
- 0:22 – When he first fell in love with comics.
- 1:02 – Comics he would save in a fire.
- 2:30 – Memorable moments from filming.
- 3:29 – If any of Perry White’s memorable moments are ad-libbed.
- 4:53 – His reaction to reading the full script.
- 6:40 – If he had any deleted scenes.
- 7:58 – How he got into John Wick: Chapter Two.
- 8:34 – Where his character exists inside the world John Wick.
- 9:05 – If he prefers to read the script or just his part so he can avoid spoilers.
- 10:45 – What can he tease people about Passengers.
- 11:58 – His thoughts on Hannibal only getting three seasons.
- 13:12 – What he can tease about the updated version of Roots.