Right before the Christmas break, I got to sit down with Leighton Meester to talk about her new movie Country Strong. By now you’ve probably seen the clips (or the trailer) and know the film is about an emotionally unstable country star (Gwyneth Paltrow) that gets involved with a rising young singer-songwriter (Garrett Hedlund). In addition, Tim McGraw plays her husband and Meester (Gossip Girl) plays a beauty-queen-turned-singer who is trying to make a name for herself. The film opens everywhere this weekend.
Anyway, during the interview Meester talked about what it’s like to promote a big Hollywood movie, how did she get involved in the project, how she really sings in the movie and who she plays, and what the last year has been like for her trying to balance making movies and filming Gossip Girl. Hit the jump to watch:
Finally, you can watch my interview with Gwyneth Paltrow for Country Strong here.
- Is she used to this kind if promotion
- How did she get cast
- Talks about her character and how she really sings in the movie
- Talks about she gets very nervous performing in the movie
- How did the film change from rehearsals to the final film
- What’s the last year been like for her managing all the different films with Gossip Girl