Now playing in traditional theaters and IMAX is the sequel to The Hunger Games, Catching Fire. Directed by Francis Lawrence, the film centers on President Snow (Donald Sutherland) trying to crush a budding rebellion that was ignited by Katniss’ (Jennifer Lawrence) actions in the previous film, as the 75th Hunger Games (aka Quarter Quell) finds past victors competing against each other. The sequel also stars Liam Hemsworth, Josh Hutcherson, Jena Malone, Sam Claflin, Elizabeth Banks, Woody Harrelson, Philip Seymour Hoffman, Stanley Tucci, Jeffrey Wright, and Amanda Plummer.
At the recent Los Angeles press day, I got to speak with Claflin and Malone. They talked about what makes The Hunger Games so popular around the world, the costumes, what it was like collaborating with Francis Lawrence, deleted scenes, and much more. Hit the jump to watch.
Lenny Kravitz & Elizabeth Banks:
- What is it about the Hunger Games that makes it so popular around the world?
- They talk about the costumes.
- What was it like collaborating with Francis Lawrence versus Gary Ross?
- Did they have any deleted scenes?
- When getting ready to film the sequel, what were they most nervous to film or most excited to film?